It’s that time of year when you have the tricky task of shopping for your office Secret Santa. Sometimes, it’s easy peasy but other times, you’ll be completely stumped when you pick the new guy who you’ve barely spoken to since they started two weeks ago. These stocking fillers will work just as well for your office Secret Santa too.
- One for dad – a novelty tie from M&S.
- One for your gal pal – New Look fairisle slipper socks.
- One for your wife or girlfriend – No7 Christmas special eye shadow.
- One for your brother – drinking game bar mats at Next.
- One for your tech addicted man – New Look touch screen gloves.
- One for your mum – Norweigan formula special edition hand cream.
- One for the hostess – mini White Company Nordic lantern.
And that’s a wrap for our festive gift guides this season. If you want to catch up on any, you can find them all here.
Sisters, cousins, friends. This gift guide has you covered for the stylish ladies in your life.
- Adornments to your handbag are a big thing right now, from tassels to fur balls. This grey Next faux fur ball will add instant glamour to your bag.
- If your best friend or sister has a thing for bubbles, these Wilkos gold spot champagne glasses will ensure they drink in style!
- This Soap & Glory limited edition gift box will give your best gal everything she needs to pamper herself!
- Your sister will love to snuggle up on a cold winter’s night with this mini hot water bottle set from New Look.
- You could add this M&S prosecco and chocolates set to the champagne glasses for a luxury gift.
Tomorrow, it’s the turn of the boys again, with a guide to gifts for your brother. Catch up on all of this week’s festive gift guides here.
Today is the turn of the gents in our lives, our husbands and boyfriends. Men are always so so difficult to buy for. I don’t know about the man in your life, but if my husband wants something, he tends to buy it for himself straight away. Which means that when Christmas comes round, he’s usually already got anything he wanted. We’ve rounded up a few things that might help you out if you’re really stuck:
- A leather wallet is always a lovely gift, particularly if your man’s current wallet is a little neglected.
- Beards seem to be “in” right now. My husband has grown one in recent months, so this Ted Baker beard kit is just the thing to ensure it’s nicely groomed.
- The latest Kindle Fire is a bargain – at less than £50! It will keep your man busy, whether watching his favourite programme, browsing the internet, or taking photos, or whatever. Plus, it’ll easily fit into any bag.
- It’s not Christmas without winter woollies – even better if they are novelty! This Next woolly bobble hat will do the trick!
- If in doubt, a flight or short break to somewhere you’ve both been dying to visit, is always a great gift – and one that you can appreciate too.
- Clarks Originals Desert Boots are a classic for any dapper gent.
- If your man is anything like mine, he’ll be very pleased with a selection of British ales.
Tomorrow, we’re back to the girls, with a festive gift guide for your sister or best gal pal. You can find the gift guides from earlier in the week here.
It’s 1 December! Happy advent everyone!
Calling all menfolk, this one is for you. Us girls aren’t really that difficult to buy for, it’s just a case of knowing where to look. But we’ve made it even easier for you, by doing the looking and rounding up a few of our favourite things in one place! (Ladies, you may want to mail this link to your man for a few hints!).
- I’m dying to try H&M’s new cosmetics collection after reading that all of the products are organic and none are tested on animals. This eyeshadow collection is perfect for the party season.
- Show your other half just how much they mean to you with this gorgeous double heart necklace by Daisy London.
- There’s no better way to create a festive feel at home than with the White Company’s signature Winter candle – it smells exactly like Christmas!
- If the lady in your life is into painting her nails, this exclusive Reiss nail polish gift set at Boots is chic and is sure to win your brownie points.
- Winter woollies are always appreciated – this Next woolly hat will go down a treat.
- Adele’s much anticipated new album was released last week and I quickly added it to my Christmas wish list. If Adele’s not your ladies bag, there’s bound to be a CD that will be.
- Totally love the Astrid and M initial rings – they come in every letter and in rose gold, yellow gold and sterling silver. These make a lovely and very personal gift.
If you’re enjoying this week’s gift guides, make sure to head back tomorrow for a guide to all things manly, for your hubby of boyfriend this festive season. If you’ve missed the ones earlier in the week, you can find our gift guide for your mum, here and your dad, here.
Tomorrow is 1 December – do you have your advent calendar ready? Here, at Sugar & Spice HQ we’re starting to get very excited for the big day. To keep you in the festive spirit, we have our second gift guide for you.
In yesterday’s gift guide for mothers and mother-in-laws, we suggested the option of a Christmas hamper – this will also work for fathers too. It can also work as a joint gift for your parents. If this isn’t something you fancy doing, or you want some ideas for filling the hamper, we’ve rounded up some festive goodies for your dad:
- Winter woollies are always a hit, this classic cable knit scarf at Next will ensure your dad is kept toasty this winter.
- Make sure your dad’s well groomed, with this Champney’s Shave Kit from Boots.
- Slippers are a favourite in our family for Christmas and these shearling M&S moccasin slippers are pretty dapper.
- Stuck on ideas? Try a festive tipple, like this Whisky Lover’s gift set at Marks & Spencer.
- It’s not Christmas without a pair – or two – of novelty socks!
If you missed yesterday’s gift guide for your mum, be sure to check it out. Tomorrow’s festive gift guide is for the woman in your life, your wife or your girlfriend.
It’s very nearly December and so the countdown to Christmas is officially upon us. That means gift shopping. We’re aiming to take the stress out of your festive season with a whole week of gift guides for all the family. Today, we’re starting with ideas for your mum.
Parents can be tricky customers when it comes to Christmas presents. And in-laws, even trickier. If you’ve exhausted all other options, one idea we’ve come up with for this year is the Christmas hamper. If you’re short on time, there are loads of options on the high street that you can pick up but if you’re up for something a little more personal, why not create your own? Waitrose and Wilkos both offer empty hamper options for you to fill. If you’re doing it yourself, you can make it a little more personal – add their favourite tipple, chocolates/biscuits. It doesn’t even all need to be food and drink based, think of the hamper like a grown up version of the stocking and fill with smaller thoughtful gifts (ideas below).
If the Christmas hamper option doesn’t suit you (or you want non-food and drink related gifts for your hamper), we’ve rounded up a few of our favourite things for your mum, or mother-in-law, this festive season:
- This Nordic style lantern by the White Company will ensure any home looks chic this festive season.
- Give your mum the gift of stylish warmth with this Accessorize poncho.
- Beautiful Christmas decorations are always a lovely gift – these are from a selection at John Lewis.
- Slippers are probably a bit of a cliche for Christmas but who cares? Everyone loves a pair of fluffy slippers, like these from Accessorize.
- Give your mum a box of relaxing bathtime goodies, like the No7 Weekender Vanity Case, which is filled with products from their new bath and body collection.
We’ve got gift guides for all the family, all week, so check back tomorrow for gift ideas for your dad.
With just 12 days until the start of December, have you got your advent calendar yet? There’s no better way to build the anticipation for the festive season than a countdown. Chocolate advent calendars are so 2012 though! For the past few years, beauty advent calendars have been creating a storm throughout December – offering treats every day for a month. It really is the gift that keeps on giving.
This year, I’ll be opening a door on the No7 advent calendar each day again. Last year, the calendar was filled with mini and full sized versions of some of my favourite products from the beauty brand. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s behind each door this time round.
If you want in on the beauty fun – we’ve hunted out some other options that will help get you in the festive spirit:
Shop the post: 1. No7 beauty advent calendar; 2. Benefit calendar; 3. Kerastse calendar; 4. Selfridges Cosmic beauty advent calendar; 5. Liberty London calendar; 6. The Body Shop calendar; 7. Charlotte Tilbury 12 days of Christmas box; and 8. Ciate calendar.
Will you be counting down to Christmas with a beauty advent calendar this year?