It’s very nearly December and so the countdown to Christmas is officially upon us. That means gift shopping. We’re aiming to take the stress out of your festive season with a whole week of gift guides for all the family. Today, we’re starting with ideas for your mum.
Parents can be tricky customers when it comes to Christmas presents. And in-laws, even trickier. If you’ve exhausted all other options, one idea we’ve come up with for this year is the Christmas hamper. If you’re short on time, there are loads of options on the high street that you can pick up but if you’re up for something a little more personal, why not create your own? Waitrose and Wilkos both offer empty hamper options for you to fill. If you’re doing it yourself, you can make it a little more personal – add their favourite tipple, chocolates/biscuits. It doesn’t even all need to be food and drink based, think of the hamper like a grown up version of the stocking and fill with smaller thoughtful gifts (ideas below).
If the Christmas hamper option doesn’t suit you (or you want non-food and drink related gifts for your hamper), we’ve rounded up a few of our favourite things for your mum, or mother-in-law, this festive season:
- This Nordic style lantern by the White Company will ensure any home looks chic this festive season.
- Give your mum the gift of stylish warmth with this Accessorize poncho.
- Beautiful Christmas decorations are always a lovely gift – these are from a selection at John Lewis.
- Slippers are probably a bit of a cliche for Christmas but who cares? Everyone loves a pair of fluffy slippers, like these from Accessorize.
- Give your mum a box of relaxing bathtime goodies, like the No7 Weekender Vanity Case, which is filled with products from their new bath and body collection.
We’ve got gift guides for all the family, all week, so check back tomorrow for gift ideas for your dad.