I’m off to Lisbon tomorrow for my hubby’s birthday. We’re heading away for a long weekend. I’m trying (after over-packing for honeymoon) to pack as light as possible, so while thinking about what I’ll be throwing in, I figured I’d share my idea of a capsule wardrobe for a weekend city break (this covers a 5-6 day trip). It might look long but believe me I’ve packed more and fitted it into a carry-on size case!
- Oversized shirt – doubles as a cover-up on the beach and something slightly warmer in the evenings
- 2x vests – what more do you need for daytime wear on holiday than shorts and a vest?
- Denim jacket – a cool cover-up for evenings and travelling
- 2x day-to-night dresses – gives you a different option for city break days and takes you through to the evening
- 2x pairs of sandals – one for walking (I always take my Birkenstocks) and another for evening
- Trainers – for travelling
- Shorts – denim shorts are the most versatile
- Jumper – for cooler evenings
What do you pack for a weekend away? Do you choose to pack light or throw everything you own in?