Christmas is an expensive time of year, all of those gifts and food to buy, it can feel like a never ending round of bills. So when it comes to decorating your home, you may be feeling a little less than festive. We’ve got five cheap and easy ways to bring a little cheer into your home without breaking the bank:
- You know those little cut off bits of paper you get when you’re wrapping presents that are no good for anything? Well, cut these into 1cm wide strips and turn them into a festive paperchain to decorate the hallway, rooms or wherever needs a little cheer!
- Grab some dry twigs/small branches from your garden, spray them with a little silver spray (if you have some to hand), arrange in a large vase and add a string of fairy lights to create a festive piece for your sideboard.
- For a cheap and festive table centrepiece, grab some empty wine bottles and fill with tapered candles. If you have some ribbon too, tie this around the bottle to add a little extra decoration.
- If you’re lacking a star or angel or anything at the top of your Christmas tree, go old school, grab an empty loo roll holder and turn it into an angelic topper. Use leftover tissue paper for a dress and wings, kitchen foil for a halo and a Sharpie for the face!
- If your decorations are looking a little tired but you haven’t got any pennies left to buy new ones, why not grab some glitter nail polish and paint some snow flakes or stars onto them for an instant lift?
What are your top tips for a frugal festive feel at home?
Image via Pinterest